difference between se and xe - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #11 of 18 Old 10-31-2005, 10:07 AM
QWIKWHIP
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Crew cab XE has power windows and locks and the King cab does not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 11-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Crazy_Steve
Shift_Pee Wee
Shift_Hardcore

Why are there some thing such as lifts and stuff the don't fit the XE's?

Are they made of different parts or something...fill me in on why an XE is less desireable...
post #13 of 18 Old 11-04-2005, 07:58 AM
ImissMy92Pathfinder
Shift_Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ImissMy92Pathfinder
The only reason it is less deisreable to me is because the SE comes standard with the options I want, and I also want the chrome bumper. Mechanically I don't think the 2 are any different.

It\'s hard to soar with the eagles when you are working with Turkeys

2006 SMOKE KC SE 4x4
BIG TOW
OFFROAD
UTILITRACK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 18 Old 11-04-2005, 09:10 AM
QWIKWHIP
Shift_Hardcore

Yeah mechanically there are no differences between the XE, SE, and LE. Other than the tow package, the tow limits are pure marketing. They lower the tow rating on the XE to get you to buy an SE. But the tow package gives you the lower rear end, as well as other things.

post #15 of 18 Old 11-04-2005, 09:36 PM
planemech
Shift_Enthusiast

I also have 04 CC XE with the "Preferred Package" That was the only "option" that came with it. I have a question that is bugging me... The "Tow Package" has the larger battery, Tranny temp. gage, tow mirrors, pre-wiring, and the lower rear end gears. Now I have added the break controller, a class three hitch, 7 pin plug and weight distrubtion hitch. If the suspension is the same is the major difference in the tow verse non-tow the rear end gearing??? I have the "tow mode" button. I can down shift to keep the RPM's up.. I have a hard time believing I'm limited to how much I can pull. As mentioned in a previous reply it might have been a "sales pitch" so you bought an SE with a "TOW PACKAGE". Now I hear you can get the "Tow Package" in the XE. So are we XE owners really limited to the lower tow ratings. I really don't know for sure. The picture to the left is my set-up. The rear end isn't squating but rather riding level. It's a little over 7K lbs. empty. Don't expect it to ever be over 8K lbs. while towing. The XE is a great entry level Titan. Get the "Preferred Package" and you get some usefull options. It's what you can afford. Good shopping
post #16 of 18 Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 PM
M4ck
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to M4ck Send a message via MSN to M4ck
XE's are faster.
hahaha
m4ck

<--Updated
2004 XE KC 4x2 Radiant Silver | DYNO: HP 350.16 TQ 404.68
Surgeon General never said anything about smoking a Hemi!

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: Airaid TBS : Westin Bull Bar : Aries Oval OffRoad Steps
: UPREV Tune 93 Octane/Nitrous

Josh M.
post #17 of 18 Old 11-04-2005, 09:55 PM
docopharm
Shift_Obsessed

But of course no where near as fast as an LE! :lol:

Retrax |*| Bushwackers |*| American Racing Prism |*| 305/55/20 TerraGrapplers |*| Interior LEDs |*| Painted Side Steps |*| Hitch Flag |*| Westin Bull |*| PIAA 40's |*| PRG lift |*| Front Tint |*| AFE Stage II |*| B&B Exhaust

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

|

And no, my screen name does not mean do cop harm its doc o pharm
Lee
post #18 of 18 Old 11-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Kingoftheroad
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ck
XE's are faster.
hahaha