New muffler install - Nissan Titan Forum
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-01-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
mrcarnage2
Shift_lurker
 
mrcarnage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
New muffler install

Well after 65,000 miles and the muffler flange rotting out, I finely pulled the trigger on the Magnaflow muffler. I had it welded in to the stock B pipes and added a new stock tailpipe with dual tip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150827_101115_248.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	55969   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150827_101143_101.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	55977   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150827_101158_217.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	55985   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150827_101219_012.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	55993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150827_101302_770.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	56001  

mrcarnage2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 09-03-2015, 01:50 PM
SGREENLYN
Shift_lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnage2 View Post
Well after 65,000 miles and the muffler flange rotting out, I finely pulled the trigger on the Magnaflow muffler. I had it welded in to the stock B pipes and added a new stock tailpipe with dual tip.
Looks great! You were smart to convert to a dual input.

If you live in a non-emissions city, you might consider deleting the B cats. I replaced mine with two Vibrant 1792 resonators. With the 2x resonators it's quieter than with the cats and completely drone free, without them, the cat delete makes it louder and it drones pretty good.
SGREENLYN is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 09-03-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
mrcarnage2
Shift_lurker
 
mrcarnage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGREENLYN View Post
Looks great! You were smart to convert to a dual input.

If you live in a non-emissions city, you might consider deleting the B cats. I replaced mine with two Vibrant 1792 resonators. With the 2x resonators it's quieter than with the cats and completely drone free, without them, the cat delete makes it louder and it drones pretty good.
I have a 2011. The dual inlet was the same as the stock muffler, 2 in 1 out. When I change out the manifolds I'll switch out the Bpipes as well.
mrcarnage2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 09-04-2015, 01:02 PM
SGREENLYN
Shift_lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnage2 View Post
I have a 2011. The dual inlet was the same as the stock muffler, 2 in 1 out. When I change out the manifolds I'll switch out the Bpipes as well.
That's interesting, my 2005 has a Y to 1 in 1 out. 2 in has to be better.

Best thing to do with the B pipe cats is delete them altogether if you don't have emissions testing. Even if you do, it is unclear if the manifold cats would be enough. After I deleted them my mileage went up an mpg or so.

With the magnaflow 22", which I think was sightly more restrictive than stock but sounds great, and half the cats gone I can top 20 mpg with best case gas.
SGREENLYN is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 09-04-2015, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
mrcarnage2
Shift_lurker
 
mrcarnage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGREENLYN View Post
That's interesting, my 2005 has a Y to 1 in 1 out. 2 in has to be better.

Best thing to do with the B pipe cats is delete them altogether if you don't have emissions testing. Even if you do, it is unclear if the manifold cats would be enough. After I deleted them my mileage went up an mpg or so.

With the magnaflow 22", which I think was sightly more restrictive than stock but sounds great, and half the cats gone I can top 20 mpg with best case gas.
Yeah, I believe they changed the exhaust in 2007 and went from the y to a 2 into 1. I'll replace the rest when the manifolds go. But I'll call Cajun to see what I have to do to keep from getting a programmer or throwing a code.
mrcarnage2 is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 09-06-2015, 05:02 PM
TheLASwamp
Shift_lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnage2 View Post
Yeah, I believe they changed the exhaust in 2007 and went from the y to a 2 into 1. I'll replace the rest when the manifolds go. But I'll call Cajun to see what I have to do to keep from getting a programmer or throwing a code.
This is likely why the HP increased from 305 to 317HP starting with the 2007 model.
TheLASwamp is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 09-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Canadian Miner
Shift_Obsessed
 
Canadian Miner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kingston Ontario
Posts: 2,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLASwamp View Post
This is likely why the HP increased from 305 to 317HP starting with the 2007 model.
305-->317 is the two in one exhaust, VVT (variable intake cam), and revised (longer?) intake manifold.

2012 RAM 2500 Crew 4x4 Cummins
H&S, AFE, Zone 6" Lift, BD Steering Brace, Black Rhino Rims, 35" Yokohoma Geolandar, Powerboards, Lorado Cover, Vision-X LED

SOLD - 2005 SE Crew Off-Road Big Tow High Utility
KC Lights, Nissan Brush Guard, PRG Performance Lift, RADFLO, Deaver Packs, 35" Duratracs, 34" AT KOs, Backup Light, Stillen Rad, AT Grounding Kit, MXP Intake, JBA Titanium Ceramic Long Tubes, Cajun Cat'd 2.5" B Pipes, 08 Pipes, Borla Swap, Ultra Quiet, UpRev Tuned, Timbren SES, RC Traction Bars
Canadian Miner is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 10-08-2015, 03:15 AM
titanandme
Shift_Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnage2 View Post
Well after 65,000 miles and the muffler flange rotting out, I finely pulled the trigger on the Magnaflow muffler. I had it welded in to the stock B pipes and added a new stock tailpipe with dual tip.
Looks like a good setup. Please post a video with sound when you can. I'm curious about the new tone of your exhaust.
titanandme is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Price to install muffler??? 05OffRoad Performance Mods 6 05-02-2008 07:55 PM
New Magnaflow muffler in, how do I install? Spooled Performance Mods 1 04-10-2008 08:47 PM
jba muffler install rebel1305 Performance Mods 14 02-28-2008 05:27 PM
Muffler install scrubbyboy General Discussion 2 09-21-2007 03:45 PM
Muffler install KenmoreTitan Performance Mods 15 09-18-2007 10:57 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off