post #1 of 4 Old 12-17-2015, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Dom7636
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2007 Titan Transmission Swap

Hello everyone,
The transmission went out on my 2007 Titan Crew Cab with Big Tow Package, 4x4, non-locking rear differential with the floor shifter and I was looking to see what other years might be compatible for a transmission swap. I found a 2005 2008 and 2011 used transmissions with similar options and am trying to figure out if any are compatible with my truck. My question is pretty much geared toward the TCM and if there are major differences between the years? I have found a few transmissions without the Big Tow Package but to my understanding they have different gear ratios as compared to the regular transmission but am not sure if that is correct? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks again!
Dom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-17-2015, 06:20 PM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
The transmission gear ration are not different but the replacement transmission needs to be from a vehicle with the tow package. The rear end ratio for the tow package is 3.36 vs 2.94 for non tow. The speed sensor in the transmission must match the ratio.

2004 Armada SE, Throttle body coolant bypass, Grounding kit, LED back-up and inside lights, custom engine cover, trans cooler in radiator by-passed, trailer brake controller, Power Stop rotors and pads, braided SS brake lines, Silver Star headlights, Michelin MS/2, modified Volant CAI with Amsoil dry element, Bilstein HD shocks, PLM transmission pan, all Amsoil synthetic lubricants, Nismo headers, custom 3" SS exhaust system with high flow metallic core cats, UpRev tuner version, 318 rear wheel HP.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Canadian Miner
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr38 View Post
The transmission gear ration are not different but the replacement transmission needs to be from a vehicle with the tow package. The rear end ratio for the tow package is 3.36 vs 2.94 for non tow. The speed sensor in the transmission must match the ratio.
Is that as easy as swapping the old sensor onto the new transmission?

2012 RAM 2500 Crew 4x4 Cummins
H&S, AFE, Zone 6" Lift, BD Steering Brace, Black Rhino Rims, 35" Yokohoma Geolandar, Powerboards, Lorado Cover, Vision-X LED

SOLD - 2005 SE Crew Off-Road Big Tow High Utility
KC Lights, Nissan Brush Guard, PRG Performance Lift, RADFLO, Deaver Packs, 35" Duratracs, 34" AT KOs, Backup Light, Stillen Rad, AT Grounding Kit, MXP Intake, JBA Titanium Ceramic Long Tubes, Cajun Cat'd 2.5" B Pipes, 08 Pipes, Borla Swap, Ultra Quiet, UpRev Tuned, Timbren SES, RC Traction Bars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-24-2015, 11:04 AM
scr38
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
It isn't really the sensor itself. I think the signal from the sensor goes to the BCM/Instrument cluster. There it is converted to the vehicle speed. The program is different for the two gear ratios.
Vehicle speed is also determined by reading a wheel sensor, and is compared to the reading from the transmission. If the two signals differ it indicated a problem.

2004 Armada SE, Throttle body coolant bypass, Grounding kit, LED back-up and inside lights, custom engine cover, trans cooler in radiator by-passed, trailer brake controller, Power Stop rotors and pads, braided SS brake lines, Silver Star headlights, Michelin MS/2, modified Volant CAI with Amsoil dry element, Bilstein HD shocks, PLM transmission pan, all Amsoil synthetic lubricants, Nismo headers, custom 3" SS exhaust system with high flow metallic core cats, UpRev tuner version, 318 rear wheel HP.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode