post #1 of 19 Old 06-20-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
clwfirefghtnstud
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clwfirefghtnstud
Loss of power... Please help

so i have noticed a seeming loss of power in the recent months, at first i thought perhaps my k&n was clogged but i only have about 20,000 miles on it and it is relativley clean, my truck is an 04 with 22,000 miles on it, and i am not sure what could account for the loss of throttle response and sluggishness on the excelleration.

i have a 3in cat-back exhaust, the k&n stock replacement filter installed, i removed the plastic tube that extends into the air box ( saw that mod on here thanx guys!!) anybody got any sugestions or insight????

thanx

04' CC LE Deep Water Blue... K&N filter with Air box MOD (CAI & TBS Coming soon!), Totally custom 3in SS exhaust, w/ passenger side exit in front of rear wheel.. Chrome package... front leveling kit.... 0-60 faster than you can say hemi ha ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Tricky-Dick
Shift_Hardcore

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwfirefghtnstud
so i have noticed a seeming loss of power in the recent months, at first i thought perhaps my k&n was clogged but i only have about 20,000 miles on it and it is relativley clean, my truck is an 04 with 22,000 miles on it, and i am not sure what could account for the loss of throttle response and sluggishness on the excelleration.

i have a 3in cat-back exhaust, the k&n stock replacement filter installed, i removed the plastic tube that extends into the air box ( saw that mod on here thanx guys!!) anybody got any sugestions or insight????

thanx
I have a K&N Drop In Filter. At one point my accelerator felt like there was a brick under it. I used the cleaning solution for my filter and my truck was back to normal...FYI.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." ~ Frank Sinatra

2005 Nissan Titan LE CC 2WD Galaxy Black / Graphite Titanium

CST 4" Raised Spindles, Radflos, Deaver Spring Pack (2 1/2"), Donohoe Rear Shocks, 2 1/2" Tapered Blocks, Pinch Weld Mod, KMC Enduro XD 122 18X9s, 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Dual Trumpet Air Horns, K&N Drop-In Filter, '07 Exhaust, Factory Airbox Mod, 2 Degree Timing Advance,"Blinkin'" 3rd Brake Light, Fog Light Mod, Sylvania Silverstar Lows/Highs & Fogs, Factory Trailer Hitch, Factory Tow Hooks, Low Pro Diamond Plate Tool Box, 35% Tint

"Hemi For Lunch Bunch" Member
post #3 of 19 Old 06-20-2007, 06:57 PM
whome
Shift_Fanatic

Have you been granny driving the truck lately?

2005 Titan CC LE
Volant CAI, TBS, 2* TA, True dual w/x pipe going to 2 FM 50 series, PRG lowering kit, 20" GA wrapped in 285/50 rubber.
Clay

post #4 of 19 Old 06-20-2007, 06:58 PM
dodson914
Shift_Enthusiast

Not sure this is the problem but there is a tsb for poor acceleration under wot. Here's a link

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/Nissa...RefNo=NTB07040
post #5 of 19 Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
clwfirefghtnstud
Shift_Newbie

i went to the link about the WOT , is that something i need to have my dealership check since i am still under factory warr. or is that something i can do myself???....... whome- trust me i give that truck plenty of lovin on the open highway ........ just outta curiosity would alot of highway driving have anything to do with it??

04' CC LE Deep Water Blue... K&N filter with Air box MOD (CAI & TBS Coming soon!), Totally custom 3in SS exhaust, w/ passenger side exit in front of rear wheel.. Chrome package... front leveling kit.... 0-60 faster than you can say hemi ha ha ha
post #6 of 19 Old 06-21-2007, 10:32 AM
armadadd
Shift_Enthusiast

check the oil...
post #7 of 19 Old 06-21-2007, 10:36 AM
TRXR
Shift_Fanatic

Clean the filter....20,000mi is a lot for a uncleaned filter! Wouldn't hurt anything to clean it either.
post #8 of 19 Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Toomnymods
SHIFT_Track_ADDICT
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
try some injector cleaner with a few tanks of premium gas you'll be back up to par..
post #9 of 19 Old 06-21-2007, 12:56 PM
RBsTitan
Shift_Obsessed

what your gas mileage like in city/highway? Any changes vs when you noticed you had power?

2004 CC LE 4x2 5360lbs
DYNO: Stock: 275rwhp 331tq (Fram AirHog)MODS: PGM 90mm Throttle Body, Custom PGM Throttle Body Spacer, Custom Throttle Body Intercooler, RBS Custom Ram Air, 170 Thermostat, Volant G1 CAI, Stillen Headers, Custom B-Pipe w/Cats in line, Custom Banks Exhaust, Father of Titan UpRev Tunes, JWT Cams, Detroit TruTrac LSD, N20, lol

UpRev ProTuner and IRC CREW CHIEF "International Racing Club VK56"

13.90 FST beating mustang

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

13.30 @101.79 FST 80shot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 19 Old 06-21-2007, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
clwfirefghtnstud
Shift_Newbie

well i am getting pretty much the same MPG i have always gotten (crap lol ) so no difference there, i did drop in a bottle of prestone FI cleaner last tank, so i will try a tank or two of 93(man that aint gonna be cheap ) and i will clean my filter. thanx guys for your help!!!!!! i will keep ya posted... Also i am not due for an oli change for about another 1000 miles is there any advantage to going with a full synthetic???

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode